Sunday, November 2, 2008

Website structure

Hey gang,
Let's throw around some ideas on this blog about how we want the website to be designed. I'm thinking we could have an intro page with either a short collection of soundbites from our various interviews, or maybe (I think Kathryn and I talked about this) a time-lapse video of a plate of food getting eaten that just plays in the background, or some other graphic element like that as a backdrop. I still like the idea of an interactive map, though I'm not sure if the restaurants are close together enough to make that feasible. The farthest south is Cesar Chavez and farthest north is 31st I think, so that's about 30 blocks north to south we would have to fit on the page. Any other idea besides the map? Or we could try to divide the videos into categories, but I kind of think they are cohesive enough that they should all live on the same page and link to the individual videos, and maybe to the restaurant's website. Thoughts?

No comments: